New Position Process Scientist/Engineer
Depending upon experience
PSEL is a fast-growing specialist imaging equipment manufacturer based in East Sussex. The company has 20 employees and is part of the Tibidabo Scientific Industries group of companies. The growth of the company has created the need to hire a process scientist/engineer to add to the team.
The company develops and manufactures a wide range of camera products, including a range of x-ray cameras that use phosphor compounds as a key component in their construction. The incumbent will have a background in physical/chemical sciences or possibly mechanical engineering. Experience in the manufacture and the technology of modern x-ray scintillators and/or sensor bonded optics would be beneficial. The role is to lead the production and development of these key processes in a laboratory environment. The products produced are custom imaging devices for industry and scientific research.
- This role contributes to the overall achievement of production output, cost, and quality KPI targets.
- The role involves working in clean room environments some of the time.
- The role is Monday to Friday working within ‘office-type’ hours.
Key Results Areas
- Operational Duties
- Deposition of phosphor-based scintillators onto glass and fibre-optic substrates
- Preparation of optical sensors and bonding them to fibre-optic substrates
- Testing of scintillator quality and performance
- Updating processes and procedures, COSHH, and other risk assessments
- Maintaining and developing equipment, jigs, and fixtures
- Improving processes and process controls
- Procurement of supplies/consumables for the lab.
- Production Support and Quality Control
- Collaborate in team-based development projects
- Ensure production work is completed to agreed timescales
- Provide status and performance updates
- Human Resource
- Promote and uphold company performance standards and ideology (quality, continuous improvement, housekeeping & work ethic).
Staff Training & Development
- Identify, justify and undertake external appropriate training which will be beneficial to PSEL
- Aim for the following operational excellence.
- Right first time
- High productivity
- High efficiency
- High effectiveness
- Health & Safety
- Promote & maintain awareness and compliance of H&S in accordance with best practices and legal requirements.
- Ad hoc
- The role may include other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time.
- Other engineers to share opinions and problems
- Production staff to train them on new processes or equipment
- Drawing office (for design input, lessons learned etc.)
- Management team
How to Apply
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to...email@example.com