The Photonic Science Brand Celebrates 35 Years Dec 2020
1st Dec, 2020
35 years experience in designing innovative high sensitivity low noise imaging solutions for OEMs. Our technology is based around cooled CCD, Intensified CCD/CMOS cameras, and more recently InGaAs and sCMOS cameras.
The Photonic Science 1,000 square metre facility at St Leonards, East Sussex site contains manufacturing, production, clean room, environmental / X-ray testing and research facilities.
We deliver cost effective, innovative camera solutions with selected components from concept, prototyping to volume manufacturing for OEMs including complete turn-key solutions involving cameras/illumination source / optics / environmental housing and software.
The engineering team at PSEL have many years’ experience in customising standard camera designs to suit the particular requirements of individual customers and OEMs.
Customised firmware for application specific development
Mechanical and optical design made to OEM specifications
Size, weight, power and cost optimisation. for volume production RoHS /ESD/ IOS compliance
Environmental testing (shock, vibration and temperature cycling)
MilSpec standard compliance
Camera Design Capabilities
- Fiber optic coupling to large area CCD and sCMOS /CMOS sensors
- Mosaic fibre optic tiling
- Scintillator / coating deposition
- Low noise analog proximity electronics including remote head design
- Digital processing / programming using latest generation FPGAs
- Genicam compliant interface, Camera Link interface
- Environmental testing (shock, vibration and temperature cycling)
- Customised firmware for application specific development
- Mechanical and optical design made to OEM specifications
- Size, weight, power and cost optimisation
- RoHS / ESD / IOS compliance
- MilSpec standard compliance
- Extension warranty available
We deliver cost effective and innovative camera solutions with selected components from concept and prototyping to volume manufacturing; including complete turnkey solutions involving cameras, illumination source, optics, environmental housing, and software.
Custom designed modules:
Discover our complete standard product range